Hosting an upcoming event at the Duke in DC office? Please review the following checklist to ensure that all logistical and technical needs are addressed prior to the time of event. As a reminder, you may review the Duke in DC reservation policy here.
- Please check the calendar and request space through our online reservation system found here. Please note that submitting the form does not guarantee space. Once space is confirmed, a Duke in DC representative will reach out to confirm your hold.
- Once your date is confirmed, a list of approved caterers and AV vendors will be provided. If you need to use a vendor not listed, please contact Joanna Higgison (Joanna.Higgison@duke.edu). Guests are responsible for ordering their own catering and for cleanup of all trash after the event. If additional trash receptacles are needed, please contact Joanna Higgison. The vendor will need to provide a delivery date and time and a certificate of insurance. Hosts are responsible for providing all utensils, plates, cups, napkins, etc.
- For any large loading or unloading, a loading dock is available. Contact Joanna Higgison to request access to the loading dock.
- Room set-up and final attendance should also be confirmed three days prior to your event. All tables, chairs, and A/V equipment must be returned to the state in which you found it before use. An AV guide will be available to assist with our onsite technology.
- No later than three days prior to your event, please confirm a day of point of contact and provide a list of attendees (if more than 10, but fewer than 20 guests). If you have more than 20 guests, a host is required to assist security at check in.
- Access to the building before 7:00 AM and after 7:00 PM will require an access card. Access to the Duke in DC Office suite can be provided through a free downloadable phone app (Kastle Presence) or through a key card. Access will be given to the point of contact only.
1201 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 500
Please note that due to building construction, building access is through the 12th Street entrance only.
Event Space Contact
O: 202-621-2808 (8AM-4PM) C: 908-432-4872
Public Parking garages are common around the office. Metered street parking is also available, but can be limited and has time-based restrictions.
- 1220 E St NW, Washington, DC 20004
- 1111 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004
- 555 12th St NW, Washington, DC 20004
- Network Name: DukeinDCGuest
- Password: Duke1201