Hosting an upcoming event at the Duke in DC office? Please review the following checklist to ensure that you address all logistical and technical needs prior to your event.
- Please check the calendar and request space through our online reservation system found here. Please note that submitting the form does not guarantee space. A Duke in DC representative will reach out via email to either confirm your hold or discuss alternatives.
- Once a date is confirmed, a list of approved caterers and AV vendors can be found here. If you need to use a vendor not listed, please contact Sarah Supsiri (email@example.com). The vendor will need to provide a delivery date, time and a certificate of insurance. Hosts/caterers are responsible for providing all utensils, plates, cups, napkins, etc.
- Guests are responsible for ordering their own catering and cleaning all trash after the event. If additional trash receptacles are needed, please contact Sarah Supsiri.
- For any large loading or unloading, a loading dock is available. Contact Sarah Supsiri to request access to the loading dock.
- No later than three (3) days prior to your event, please confirm a point of contact and provide a list of attendees. If you have more than 20 guests, a host is required to assist security in the building lobby at check-in.
- Room set-up and final attendance should also be confirmed three (3) days prior to your event. All tables, chairs, and A/V equipment must be returned to the state in which you found them before use.
- Within 48 hours of the event, the point-of-contact needs to schedule a walkthrough of the space and learn the AV capabilities. It is highly suggested that if a conference call is being made, the point-of-contact test the telephone line beforehand. There is no tech on site to help in the event of an issue.
- The building’s 1201 Pennsylvania Avenue entrance and elevators are open Monday-Friday 7:00am – 7:00pm. The Duke in DC office is open Monday-Friday 9:00am – 5:00pm. Temporary keys are available for groups and individuals using the conference rooms and swing offices. Please contact Sarah Supsiri to reserve a key.
- Use of the Duke in DC office space is free, however, office use outside building hours (Mon.-Fri. 7am – 7pm, Sat. 9am-2pm) is charged $50 per hour (pro-rated to the half-hour) for extra HVAC fees. HVAC invoices incurred because of office use are forwarded to the event host/manager.
1201 Pennsylvania Avenue NW, Suite 500
Washington, DC 20004
Event Space Contact
O: 202-791-9561 (9AM-4PM)
Public parking garages are available around the office.
- 1220 E St NW, Washington, DC 20004
- 1111 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC 20004
- 555 12th St NW, Washington, DC 20004
Metered street parking is also available but is unpredictable and has time-based restrictions.
- Network Name: DukeinDCGuest
- Password: Duke1201